East of the Cascades Quilters Guild (EOCQ) is a 501(c)(3) organization that is based in Sisters but has members from all over Central Oregon. Our mission is “Sharing our Quilting Passion with Each Other and the Community”.
In general, the Guild meets the 4th Wednesday of the month at The Stitchin’ Post in Sisters. We do not meet in July and August. Social Time is 4:00-4:30 and and the meeting is from 4:30-6:00 p.m. **Please note that during the Covid-19 Pandemic, the Guild has been meeting on Zoom.
Each meeting there is a presentation and/or demonstration of a technique on a variety of quilting related topics. Presentations include topics on Modern Quilting, Art Quilts, Quilts of Valor, Quilts for Kids, Traditional Quilting, Machine Quilting, Quilted Gifts, Barn Quilt Blocks and Trunk Shows by Local and International Quilt Artists. There is also the opportunity for Guild Members to “Show & Tell” about their creations. At every meeting, members receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win gift certificates from The Stitchin’ Post, The Quilt Basket, Sew Many Quilts and Cynthia’s Sewing Center.
Quilters of all ages, interests and ability are invited to join the Guild. Potential new members are invited to attend a complimentary meeting and be inspired by the presenters we have at each meeting. Annual dues are $20/year. The Guild is a great way to meet quilters in the area and to become more involved in your community! To receive Zoom Meeting invitation or for more information, contact Robyn Gold at [email protected]
The EOCQ is involved in many different Community Events and Activities that you are welcome to get involved with:
- Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show (SOQS) Special Exhibit
- Volunteering to Host/Hostess the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show EOCQ Special Exhibit
- Selling raffle tickets for the SOQS Raffle Quilt
- Assist with the design and sewing of the SOQS Raffle Quilt
- Making donations to the Kiwanis, Family Area Network and other local food banks and agencies
- Quilts for Kids
- Quilts of Valor
- Honor Flight Quilts
- Other activities that arise – Examples of past activities include:
- Designing, sewing and quilting the Sisters Country Community Quilt that was displayed in Sisters City Hall
- Hosting and participating in The Oregon Quilt Documentation Project
- Forest Service Christmas Tree Skirt Project that were displayed in our nation’s capitol